If the bathroom is in your sights as we start 2021 and you would like to renovate, size is always a concern and if your bathroom has limited space, this can be challenging. The ideal bathroom must be functional as well as visually appealing and with limited space, bespoke solutions are advised. Here are a few tips to ensure that you end up with a bathroom layout that makes best use of available space.
- Computer Assisted Design – The bathroom renovator would likely use a 3D imaging program that can create the final layout, which allows you to experience the space prior to actually doing anything. With small bathroom renovations, it helps if you can see the layout in three dimensions and the contractor should furnish you with a finished design.
- Made to Measure Storage – The room will have recesses and by having shelving and cabinets made to measure, you are making the very best use of the available space. If the room is rather narrow, make the cabinets slightly narrower, which will reclaim some floor space, adding to the room you have to move around.
- Clever Use of Mirrors – If you can position a mirror to reflect the natural light coming in from the window, this will make the room look larger than it actually is. Your choice of lighting is also critical and you can experiment with wall and even floor-level light fittings.
- Remove the Bathtub – While it is nice to enjoy a long, hot soak after a hard day at the office, if your bathroom is on the small side, remove the bath and install a corner shower unit. Not only will you fall in love with the digital shower, you will use much less water and that extra space makes all the difference.
- Wall-Mounted Storage – Try to limit what is at floor level and if possible, have the vanity unit on the wall, rather than standing on the floor. If necessary, why not store bathrobes and towels in the landing?
If you approach a bathroom renovation specialist, you have the benefit of a professional designer in your corner and with a great design and a team of technicians that know what they are doing, your dream bathroom will soon become reality.